หลักสูตรพิเศษของผู้สอน PADI Sidemount
Become a Sidemount Tutor on Koh Tao
Sidemount diving is not a new sport. Cave divers have used this equipment for many years and it is now accepted by the recreational and technical diving industries.
However, acceptance by the community recreational diving Diving is happening relatively quickly and the rapid growth in popularity makes Sidemount diving a great way to get your divers interested and excited about scuba diving.
Sidemount diving offers divers different ways to configure their equipment and comes with a new set of skills.
Learn to teach PADI Sidemount Specialty Courses
As a PADI Sidemount Specialist Instructor, you will be teaching your students a new skill set, which makes the course extremely exciting and will keep your divers engaged.
During the PADI Sidemount Instructor Special Course, you will learn how to teach students the benefits of sidemount diving.
You will see the techniques we use to help student divers develop the abilities needed to assemble, configure and don roadside diving equipment.
The Instructor Specialty course teaches more than just equipment configuration and covers additional skills needed to plan and stay on top of recreational Sidemount dives.
Included in the Koh Tao Sidemount Instructor Special Course
- 1 Sidemount practice dive
- All diving equipment for rent
- Free Dive Computer use
- Black Turtle Dive’s Promise to Customers (and the Environment)
To enroll in a PADI Sidemount Specialist Instructor course, you must:
- Become a PADI Sidemount Diver
- Be at least a current Open Water Scuba Instructor, attended or completed an IDC/OWSI course within the past 12 months.
- IDC/OWSI applicants may apply for tutor certification only after successful completion of the PADI IE .
- Have recent Sidemount diving experience – We recommend completing a Sidemount check dive if you have not dived in a Sidemount configuration recently.
- Good health and no congenital diseases that would be an obstacle in learning to dive.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you must provide evidence. You must provide evidence of a record of 10 Sidemount dives.
PADI Sidemount Instructor Specialty Course, 1 dive
The course consists of two parts:
- knowledge development
- Open Water Diving Training – 1 Sidemount Diving Training session
Instructors are highly trained to ensure that you receive maximum attention during your dive lessons in a relaxed environment.
During training we will gradually Build confidence and competence as you develop the skills required for you.
PADI Sidemount Instructor course schedule
The PADI Sidemount Instructor course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can tailor your course schedule to suit your own time and needs.
This course is often required as part of a specialist program for teachers, such as our MSDT program.
If you want to talk or have questions, send them via email or Messenger on this page.
PADI Sidemount Instructor course, price 4,000 baht
09:00-11:30: Orientation and knowledge development
12.30-17.00: Sidemount Instructor Training Dive
You are now a certified PADI Sidemount Specialty Instructor.
PADI Sidemount Instructor Course Information
Improving the knowledge of Sidemount teachers
The PADI Sidemount Specialty Instructor course includes at least one Open Water training dive at a dive site on Koh Tao.
The knowledge development part is carried out before we start the Open Water course , training in open water.
As for the development of knowledge, you must perform the following actions:
- Presentation of knowledge development from the PADI Sidemount Special Manual, addressing questions missed in the Knowledge Review.
- Review and understand the objectives and goals of the PADI Sidemount Specialty Course.
- Reviews and explains the Sidemount course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual and lists all student and instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate expertise in developing all knowledge
- Explains how to conduct all parts of the course in a manner that allows the diver to meet the performance requirements of the course.
- Attend a marketing and promotion workshop where you will learn techniques for promoting Sidemount’s Specialty Diver Course to students and the diving public.
- Participate in pricing workshops
Sidemount Instructor diving training in open water
There are 3 Sidemount dive training sessions to become a Sidemount Specialty Diver.
During the Sidemount Specialty Instructor Course, you must complete all performance requirements for all 3 dives in at least 1 training dive.
Before diving, you must explain the considerations for your Sidemount training course in open water.
During diving training you must
- Demonstrate mastery of all aquatic skills requirements for Sidemount’s Specialty Diver course.
- Conduct open water teaching presentations from Sidemount’s Specialty Diver Course.
- Demonstrates the performance requirements of Sidemount specialist divers in open water.
Upon successful completion of all performance requirements, you will receive the PADI Sidemount Specialty Instructor certification.
PADI fees 2024
PADI Sidemount Specialist Instructor Application Fee: $131
Please bring your PADI Special Course Instructor Manual with you.
You will need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual, which is available as a free download for all renewing PADI members from www.padi.com/mypadi