PADI Emergency O2 Instructor Specialty Course
Learn to Teach the Emergency O2 Provider Course Koh Tao
Providing first aid treatment alongside the administration of emergency oxygen is often necessary when treating many injuries and illnesses that interfere with oxygen reaching the blood or tissues.
For scuba divers, Oxygen is the primary first aid and should be administered to divers suffering from a near drowning or decompression illness.
Providing emergency oxygen is standard practice for treating injured scuba divers, since it provides oxygen to starved tissues and aids in bubble reduction.
Teach Emergency O2 Provider Course to Student Divers
The goal of the course is to train all certified divers and anyone in a position to help such as boat captains, guides or lifeguards in the proper use and application of emergency oxygen.
This entry-level emergency oxygen course is a great compliment to your students Rescue and Divemaster training and trains novice divers in the recognition of diving illnesses that are treatable by emergency oxygen.
Included in Koh Tao Emergency O2 Provider Instructor Course
- All specialized equipment needed for the course
- Black Turtle Dive Customer (and environmental) promise
To enroll on a PADI Emergency O2 Provider Instructor Specialty Course you must:
- Be at least a PADI Divemaster
1 Day Emergency O2 Provider Instructor Specialty Course
The course consists of two sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Practical Application sessions
Our Dive Instructors are highly trained and will ensure you receive lots of attention and most importantly, progress at your own pace in a relaxed environment.
During your training we will slowly build your confidence and ability as you develop the skills necessary to become a competent Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor.
Koh Tao Emergency O2 Provider Instructor Course Schedule
The Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor specialty course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can work around your own personal needs and timeframe.
It is often scheduled as part of our multi-instructor specialty program such as the MSDT program.
Please feel free to ask if you have any special requests either via email or on one of the messenger apps on this page.
PADI Emergency O2 Provider Instructor Course Cost: 3,000 baht
09.00 – 11.30: Orientation & Knowledge Development
12.30 – 14:00: Emergency Oxygen Provider Practical Application
You are now a certified PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Specialty Instructor.
Emergency O2 Provider Specialty Instructor Course Information
Emergency O2 Provider Knowledge Development
The Emergency Oxygen Provider Specialty Instructor course consists of a knowledge development section and practical assessments with skill presentations.
During the knowledge development section, you must complete the following:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the Emergency Oxygen Provider specialty course specialty manual by prescriptively teaching a missed question from the knowledge review.
- Review & understand the purpose and goals of the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Review & explain the Emergency Oxygen Provider specialty course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide and list all student and Instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet course performance requirements.
- Participate in a marketing and promotional workshop where you will learn techniques to promote the Emergency Oxygen Provider specialty course to your students and the general diving public.
- Participate in a pricing workshop.
Emergency O2 Provider Skill Development
There are four mandatory skills you must complete and one optional skill:
- Demonstrate mastery of all skill performance requirements of the Emergency Oxygen Provider course to Instructor role model demonstration quality.
- Present one of the skills in a teaching style skill demonstration & presentation.
Upon completion of all the performance requirements you will receive the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor Specialty certification.
2021 PADI Fees
PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Specialty Instructor Application fee: A$111
Please bring your PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual.
You will also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual that is available as a free download for all renewed PADI Members from www.padi.com/mypadi