PADI Night Diving Instructor Specialty Course
Become a Night Diver Specialty Instructor on Koh Tao
Coral reefs are vibrant and alive at night, a cacophony of popping, squeaking, crackling and grating noise and looking strikingly colorful under the beam of your torch light when conditions are fair.
Night diving also offers inquisitive scuba divers a natural phenomenon called Bioluminescence.
During the day colorful reef fish and other plant eating marine life are most active, however, when the sun goes down plant eaters sleep and are replaced by nocturnal carnivores.
Learn to Teach our PADI Night Diver Specialty Course
Just the way you were fascinated and excited at the prospect of diving at night, so will your students be.
The night dive specialty course philosophy is to focus on seeing in the dark things you miss seeing, or that appear different during daytime dives.
Included in Koh Tao Night Diver Instructor Specialty Course
- 1 Night Open Water training dive
- Rental of all scuba equipment
- FREE use of Dive Computer
- Black Turtle Dive Customer (and environmental) promise
To enroll on a PADI Night diver specialty course you must:
- Be at least a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor or currently participating in or have completed an IDC/OWSI Program within the past 12 months.
- IDC/OWSI candidates may apply for Specialty Instructor certification only after successfully completing an IE.
- Have recent diving experience – we recommend completing a scuba review if you have not dived for 12 months.
- Medically fit to dive
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you must show proof of 10 logged night dives.
1 Day PADI Night Diver Instructor Specialty Course
The course consists of two sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Open Water training – 1 Night Diver Open Water training dive
Our Dive Instructors are highly trained and will ensure you receive lots of attention and most importantly, progress at your own pace in a relaxed environment.
During your training we will slowly build your confidence and ability as you develop the skills necessary to become a competent PADI Night Diver Instructor.
Koh Tao Night Diver Instructor Course Schedule
The PADI Night diver Instructor specialty course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can work around your own personal needs and timeframe.
It is often scheduled as part of our multi-instructor specialty program such as the MSDT program.
Please feel free to ask if you have any special requests either via email or on one of the messenger apps on this page.
PADI Night Diver Instructor Specialty Course Cost: 4,000 baht
15.00 – 17.30: Orientation & Knowledge Development
17.30 – 20.00: Night Diver Instructor Open Water training dive
You are now a certified PADI Night Diving Specialty Instructor.
PADI Night Diver Specialty Instructor Course Information
Night Diver Instructor Knowledge Development
The PADI Night diver specialty Instructor diving course consists of an Open Water training dive conducted after sunset.
There is also a knowledge development section that is conducted before we do the training dive.
During the knowledge development section, you must complete the following:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the PADI Night diver specialty manual by prescriptively teaching a missed question from the knowledge review.
- Review & understand the purpose and goals of the PADI Night diver specialty course.
- Review & explain the Night Diver course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide and list all student and Instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet course performance requirements.
- Participate in a marketing and promotional workshop where you will learn techniques to promote the Night specialty diver course to your students and the general diving public.
- Participate in a pricing workshop.
Night Diver Instructor Open Water training dive
There are 3 Night Diver training dives to complete in the student level Night Diver specialty course.
During the Night Diver Instructor specialty course, you must complete all performance requirements of those 3 dives over a minimum of 1 training dive.
Prior to the dives you must explain the Night Diver specialty diver course Open Water training considerations.
During the training dives you must:
- Demonstrate mastery of all water skill performance requirements for the Night specialty diver course.
- Conduct an Open Water teaching presentation from the Night diver specialty diver course.
- Demonstrate all Night diver specialty Open Water performance requirements.
Upon completion of all performance requirements, you will receive the PADI Night Diver Specialty Instructor certification.
2022 PADI Fees
PADI Night Specialty Instructor Application fee: A$116
Please bring your PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual
You will also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual that is available as a free download for all renewed PADI Members from www.padi.com/mypadi