PADI Boat Diver Instructor Specialty course
Become a Boat Diver Specialty Instructor on Koh Tao
Our Dive Instructor specialty course allows you to teach a structured program over 1 dive to orientate and educate your student divers about boat diving.
Some of the best diving locations in the world are only accessible by a dive boat and as scuba divers, we will all dive from a boat at some stage of our diving lives.
The PADI Boat Diver specialty course philosophy is to focus on the comfort and ease of diving from a boat.
The PADI Boat Diver Instructor specialty course prepares you as a Dive Instructor to teach student divers the advantages of boat diving.
You will learn how to teach boat terminology, types of dive boat, basic rules, safety equipment for boat diving, boat diving procedures and etiquette and the basic guides to boating safety.
Included in the Koh Tao PADI Boat Diver Instructor Specialty Course
- 1 boat training dive
- Rental of all scuba equipment including specialized equipment
- FREE use of Dive Computer
- Black Turtle Dive Customer (and environmental) promise
To enroll on a PADI Boat Diver Instructor specialty course you must:
- Be at least a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor or currently participating in or have completed an IDC/OWSI Program within the past 12 months.
IDC/OWSI candidates may apply for Specialty Instructor certification only after successfully completing an IE.
- Have recent diving experience – we recommend completing a scuba review if you have not dived for 12 months
- Medically fit to dive
Upon successful completion of all the diving course requirements, you must show proof of 10 logged boat dives.
1 Day PADI Boat Diver Instructor Specialty Course
The course consists of two sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Open Water training – 2 boat training dives
At Black Turtle Dive we take our customer promise very seriously.
Our Dive Instructors are highly trained and will ensure you receive lots of attention and most importantly, progress at your own pace in a relaxed environment.
During your training we will slowly build your confidence and ability as you develop the skills necessary to become a competent PADI Boat Diver Specialty Instructor.
Koh Tao PADI Boat Diver Instructor Specialty Course Schedule
The PADI Boat Diver Instructor specialty course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can work around your own personal needs and timeframe.
It is often scheduled as part of a multi-Instructor specialty program such as our MSDT program.
Please feel free to ask if you have any special requests either via email or on one of the messenger apps on this page.
PADI Boat Diver Instructor Specialty Course Cost: 4,000 baht
09.00 – 11.30: Orientation & Knowledge Development
12.30 – 17.00: PADI Boat Diver Instructor training dive
You are now a certified a PADI Boat Diver Specialty Instructor.
PADI Boat Diver Instructor Specialty Course Information
The PADI Boat Diver Instructor specialty course consists of 1 Open Water training dive.
There is also a knowledge development section that is usually conducted before we do the training dive.
During the knowledge development section, you must complete the following:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the PADI Boat Diver specialty manual by prescriptively teaching a missed question from the knowledge review.
- Review & understand the purpose and goals of the PADI Boat Diver specialty course.
- Review & explain the PADI Boat Diver course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide and list all student and Instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet course performance requirements.
- Participate in a marketing and promotional workshop where you will learn techniques to promote the PADI Boat Diver specialty diver course to your students and the general diving public.
- Participate in a pricing workshop.
Koh Tao Open Water Training Dives
There is 1 Boat Diver training dives to complete to become a PADI Boat diver.
During the PADI Boat Diver Specialty Instructor course you must complete all performance requirements over a minimum of 1 training dive.
Prior to the dives you must explain the PADI Boat Diver specialty diver course Open Water training considerations.
During the training dives you must:
- Demonstrate mastery of all water skill performance requirements for the PADI Boat Diver specialty diver course.
- Conduct an Open Water teaching presentation from the PADI Boat Diver specialty diver course.
- Demonstrate mastery of all PADI Boat Diver specialty diver Open Water performance requirements.
Congratulations. You are now a PADI Boat Diver Specialty Instructor
2023 PADI Fees
PADI Boat Diver Specialty Instructor Application fee: A$123
Please bring your PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual
You will also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual that is available as a free download for all renewed PADI Members from www.padi.com/mypadi