PADI Search & Recovery Instructor Course
Become a Search & Recovery Specialty Instructor on Koh Tao
Scuba divers are attracted to scuba diving for a wide range of reasons and they have a broad range of interests.
The more adventurous divers are often excited by some of the practical challenges that scuba diving can present.
One such challenge presents itself when something lost underwater needs to be located and salvaged.
This calls for an organized plan in order to search and recover the object from an area of the sea floor.
Learn to Teach PADI Search & Recovery Specialty Course
As a PADI Instructor you need role model skills to plan and execute a successful search and recovery dive.
As a PADI educator you will also need the ability to pass the knowledge and skills onto your student divers who are interested in task oriented and at times challenging training.
Our PADI Search & Recovery Instructor specialty course gives you the confidence, knowledge and skills necessary to teach student divers how to organize, plan and participate in search & recovery dives.
The Search & recovery course teaches divers how to conduct search patterns and use lifting devices to search for and recover objects of different sizes in varying search areas.
Included in Koh Tao Search & Recovery Instructor Course
- 2 Search & Recovery training dives
- Rental of all scuba equipment including specialized equipment
- FREE use of Dive Computer
- Black Turtle Dive Customer (and environmental) promise
To enroll on a PADI Search & Recovery Instructor specialty course you must:
- Be at least a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor or currently participating in or have completed an IDC/OWSI Program within the past 12 months.
- IDC/OWSI candidates may apply for Specialty Instructor certification only after successfully completing a PADI IE.
- Have recent diving experience – we recommend completing a scuba review if you have not dived for 12 months.
- Medically fit to dive.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you must show proof of 10 logged search & recovery Open Water dives.
1 Day PADI Search & Recovery Instructor Specialty Course
The course consists of two sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Open Water training – 2 Search & Recovery training dives
At Black Turtle Dive we take our customer promise very seriously.
Our Dive Instructors are highly trained and will ensure you receive lots of attention and most importantly, progress at your own pace in a relaxed environment.
During your training we will slowly build your confidence and ability as you develop the skills necessary to become a competent PADI Search & Recovery Instructor.
Koh Tao Search & Recovery Instructor Course Schedule
The PADI Search & Recovery Instructor specialty course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can work around your own personal needs and timeframe.
It is often scheduled as part of our multi-instructor specialty program such as our MSDT program.
Please feel free to ask if you have any special requests either via email or on one of the messenger apps on this page.
PADI Search & Recovery Instructor Course Cost: 4,000 baht
09.00 – 11.30: Orientation & Knowledge Development
12.30 – 17.00: Search & Recovery Instructor training dives 1 & 2
You are now a certified PADI Search & Recovery Specialty Instructor.
PADI Search & Recovery Instructor Course Information
Search & Recovery Knowledge Development
The PADI Search & Recovery specialty Instructor course consists of 2 training dives.
There is also a knowledge development section that is conducted before we do the training dives.
During the knowledge development section, you must complete the following:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the PADI Search & Recovery specialty manual by prescriptively teaching a missed question from the knowledge review.
- Review & understand the purpose and goals of the PADI Search & Recovery specialty course.
- Review & explain the Search & Recovery course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide and list all student and Instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet the diving course performance requirements.
- Participate in a marketing and promotional workshop where you will learn techniques to promote the Search & Recovery specialty diver course to your students and the general diving public.
- Participate in a pricing workshop.
Search & Recovery Open Water training dives
There are 4 Search & Recovery training dives to complete to become a Search & Recovery Diver.
During the Search & Recovery Instructor course you must complete all performance requirements of those 4 dives over a minimum of 2 training dives.
Prior to the dives you must explain the Search & Recovery specialty diver course Open Water training considerations.
During the Open Water training dives, you must:
- Demonstrate mastery of all water skill performance requirements for the Search & Recovery specialty diver course.
- Conduct an Open Water teaching presentation from the Search & Recovery specialty diver course.
- Demonstrate all Search & Recovery diver specialty diver Open Water performance requirements.
Upon completion of all the performance requirements, you will receive the PADI Search & Recovery Specialty Instructor certification.
2023 PADI Fees
PADI Search & Recovery Specialty Instructor Application fee: A$123
Please bring your PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual.
You will also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual that is available as a free download for all renewed PADI Members from www.padi.com/mypadi