PADI DPV Instructor Specialty Course
Become a PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Instructor Koh Tao
Underwater scooters are a great way to travel around larger dive sites, allowing you to see more of the dive site, whist expending minimal energy and air.
They are also lots of fun and the DPV Specialty course is easy to promote to your student divers.
During the PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Instructor specialty course you will learn how to teach your students how to use a Diver Propulsion Vehicle.
The instructor course includes learning modules on DPV maintenance, transportation and DPV dive planning and safety.
Learn to Teach Student Divers DPV Underwater Scooters
You will also teach your students correct control techniques when diving on a DPV, not just for their safety but also to avoid damaging the fragile marine ecosystem.
You will also mentor your students on how to interact with marine life when diving with a DPV safely.
The PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty course philosophy is to focus on extending the adventure; going further, staying longer and to see more on all your dives with an underwater propulsion vehicle.
The only downside to learning how to dive with a DPV is that when your students start using them, they will not want to stop.
Included in the PADI DPV Instructor Specialty course
- 1 DPV training dive
- Rental of all scuba equipment (except DPV rental)
- FREE use of Dive Computer
- Black Turtle Dive Customer (and environmental) promise
To enroll on a PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Instructor specialty course you must:
- Be at least a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor or currently participating in or have completed an IDC/OWSI Program within the past 12 months.
- IDC/OWSI candidates may apply for Specialty Instructor certification only after successfully completing an IE.
- Have recent diving experience – we recommend completing a scuba review if you have not dived for 12 months.
- Medically fit to dive.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you must show proof of 10 logged Diver Propulsion Vehicle dives.
1 Day PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Instructor Specialty Course
The course consists of 3 sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Practical Application sessions
- Open Water training – 1 dive on a Diver Propulsion Vehicle
At Black Turtle Dive we take our customer promise very seriously. All courses are conducted with a maximum of 4 students per PADI Instructor.
Our Dive Instructors are highly trained and will ensure you receive lots of attention and most importantly, progress at your own pace in a relaxed environment.
During your training we will slowly build your confidence and ability as you develop the skills necessary to become a competent Diver Propulsion Vehicle Instructor.
Koh Tao Diver Propulsion Vehicle Instructor Course Schedule
The Diver Propulsion Vehicle Instructor specialty course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can work around your own personal needs and timeframe.
It is often scheduled as part of a multi-instructor specialty program such as our MSDT program.
Please feel free to ask if you have any special requests either via email or on one of the messenger apps on this page.
PADI DPV Instructor Specialty Course Cost: 4,000 baht
09.00 – 11.30: Orientation & Knowledge Development
12.30 – 17.00: Diver Propulsion Vehicle dive
You are now a certified a Diver Propulsion Vehicle Specialty Instructor.
PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Specialty Instructor Course Information
DPV Instructor Course Knowledge Development
The PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Specialty Instructor course consists of 1 Open Water training dive.
There is also a knowledge development section that is conducted before we do the training dives.
During the knowledge development section, you must complete the following:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty manual by prescriptively teaching a missed question from the knowledge review.
- Review & understand the purpose and goals of the PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty course.
- Review & explain the PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide and list all student and Instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet course performance requirements.
- Participate in a marketing and promotional workshop where you will learn techniques to promote the PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty diver course to your students and the general diving public.
- Participate in a pricing workshop.
DPV Instructor Course Open Water training dives
The Diver Propulsion Vehicle Instructor course consists of 1 training dive.
There are 2 Diver Propulsion Vehicle training dives to complete to become a Diver Propulsion Vehicle Diver.
During the Diver Propulsion Vehicle Instructor course, you must complete all performance requirements of those 2 dives over a minimum of 1 training dive.
Prior to the dive you must explain the PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty diver course Open Water training considerations.
During the Open Water training dive, you must:
- Demonstrate mastery of all skill performance requirements for the Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty diver course.
- Conduct an Open Water teaching presentation from the Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty diver course.
- Demonstrate all Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty diver Open Water performance requirements.
Upon completion of all the performance requirements, you will receive the PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Specialty Instructor certification.
2023 PADI Fees
PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Specialty Instructor Application fee: A$123
Please bring your PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual.
You will also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual that is available as a free download for all renewed PADI Members from www.padi.com/mypadi