PADI Underwater Navigator Instructor Course
Become a PADI Navigation Specialty Instructor on Koh Tao
There are many moments during our development as a diver that are memorable.
Few give more satisfaction and a sense of pride than the first time you navigated a specific distance, a navigation pattern or the first time you successfully navigated an entire dive.
During the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course you will introduce the techniques necessary for your student divers to develop the ability to navigate confidently and competently underwater.
The PADI Underwater Navigator specialty course is designed to expand on the skills and knowledge your student already has.
Learn to Teach PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Course
You will teach them how to use natural references and environmental pointers to help navigate and provide them with the skills to use a compass accurately.
The PADI Underwater Navigator specialty course philosophy is to focus on the fun and challenge of underwater navigation.
Additionally, it is to develop the skills to navigate underwater safely within recreational limits and without disturbing the fragile marine ecology.
Our PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Instructor course, teaches you how to educate your student divers with the skill of effective underwater navigation.
Included in Koh Tao Underwater Navigator Instructor Course
- 1 Navigation training dive
- Rental of all scuba equipment
- FREE use of Dive Computer
- Black Turtle Dive Customer (and environmental) promise
To enroll on a PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Instructor course you must:
- Be at least a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor or currently participating in or have completed an IDC/OWSI Program within the past 12 months.
- IDC/OWSI candidates may apply for Specialty Instructor certification only after successfully completing an IE.
- Have recent diving experience – we recommend completing a scuba review if you have not dived for 12 months.
- Be medically fit to dive.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you must show proof of 10 logged underwater navigation dives.
We conduct the Underwater Navigation Instructor Specialty course over 1 Open Water training dive.
The course consists of two sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Open Water training – 1 Navigation training dives
Our Dive Instructors are highly trained and will ensure you receive lots of attention and most importantly, progress at your own pace in a relaxed environment.
During your training we will slowly build your confidence and ability as you develop the skills necessary to become a competent PADI Underwater Navigator Instructor.
Koh Tao PADI Underwater Navigation Instructor Course Schedule
The PADI Underwater Navigator Instructor specialty diving course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can work around your own personal needs and timeframe.
It is often scheduled as part of our multi-instructor specialty program such as our MSDT program.
Please feel free to ask if you have any special requests either via email or on one of the messenger apps on this page.
PADI Underwater Navigator Instructor Course Cost: 4,000 baht
09.00 – 11.30: Orientation & Knowledge Development
12.30 – 17.00: Underwater Navigator Instructor training dive
You are now a certified PADI Navigation Specialty Instructor.
PADI Underwater Navigator Instructor Course Information
Underwater Navigator Instructor Knowledge Development
The PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Instructor course consists of 1 Open Water training dive.
The knowledge development section is conducted before we do the training dive.
During the knowledge development section, you must complete the following:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the PADI Underwater Navigator specialty manual by prescriptively teaching a missed question from the knowledge review.
- Review & understand the purpose and goals of the PADI Underwater Navigator specialty course.
- Review & explain the Navigation course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide and list all student and Instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet course performance requirements.
- Participate in a marketing and promotional workshop where you will learn techniques to promote the Navigation specialty diver course to your students and the general diving public.
- Participate in a pricing workshop.
Underwater Navigator Instructor Open Water training dives
There are 3 Navigation training dives to complete to become a PADI Underwater Navigator.
During the Underwater Navigator Instructor course you must complete all performance requirements of those 3 dives over a minimum of 1 training dive.
Prior to the dives you must explain the Navigation specialty diver course Open Water training considerations.
During the training dives you must:
- Demonstrate mastery of all water skill performance requirements for the Underwater Navigator specialty diver course.
- Conduct an Open Water teaching presentation from the Underwater Navigator specialty diver course.
- Demonstrate all Underwater Navigator diver specialty diver Open Water performance requirements.
Upon completion of all the performance requirements, you will receive the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Instructor certification.
2023 PADI Fees
PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Instructor Application fee: A$123
Please bring your PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual.
You will also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual that is available as a free download for all renewed PADI Members from www.padi.com/mypadi