PADI Wreck Instructor Specialty Course
Become a PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Instructor on Koh Tao
Sunken Wrecks are appealing dive sites to most scuba divers. Some divers are attracted to the exploration and excitement diving a wreck offers, whilst others are fascinated with the story and history of how the wreck reached its final resting place.
A sunken Wreck offers underwater photographers a fantastic opportunity to get some amazing pictures.
Wreck diver specialty course students will be no different and will no doubt share at least one of these interests.
Learn to Teach PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Course
The PADI Wreck Specialty Instructor course gives you the knowledge and skills to teach this exciting and popular PADI specialty course.
You can guide your students as they develop the correct techniques and skills to safely plan and execute wreck dives within recreational dive limits.
The Wreck diver specialty course philosophy is to focus on fun, safe wreck diving and covers a range of specialist areas.
Course topics will include researching wrecks, local wreck diving law, the equipment used for wreck diving and how to penetrate a wreck and avoid hazards.
Included in Koh Tao PADI Wreck Diver Instructor Course
- 2 Wreck training dives
- Rental of all scuba equipment
- FREE use of Dive Computer
- Black Turtle Dive Customer (and environmental) promise
To enroll on a PADI Wreck Diver Instructor specialty course you must:
- Be at least a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor or currently participating in or have completed an IDC/OWSI Program within the past 12 months.
- IDC/OWSI candidates may apply for Specialty Instructor certification only after successfully completing a PADI IE.
- Have recent diving experience – we recommend completing a scuba review if you have not dived for 12 months.
- Medically fit to dive.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you must show proof of 10 logged Open Water wreck dives.
1 Day PADI Wreck Diver Instructor Specialty Course
The course consists of two sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Open Water training – 2 Wreck diver training dives
At Black Turtle Dive we take our customer promise very seriously.
Our Dive Instructors are highly trained and will ensure you receive lots of attention and most importantly, progress at your own pace in a relaxed environment.
During your training we will slowly build your confidence and ability as you develop the skills necessary to become a competent PADI Wreck diver Instructor.
Koh Tao PADI Wreck Diver Instructor Course Schedule
The PADI Wreck Diver Instructor specialty diving course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can work around your own personal needs and timeframe.
It is often scheduled as part of our multi-instructor specialty program such as our MSDT program.
Please feel free to ask if you have any special requests either via email or on one of the messenger apps on this page.
PADI Wreck Diver Instructor Specialty Course Cost: 3,000 baht
09.00 – 11.30: Orientation & Knowledge Development
12.30 – 17.00: Wreck Diver Instructor training dives 1 & 2
You are now a certified PADI Wreck Specialty Instructor.
PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Instructor Course Information
Wreck Diver Knowledge Development
The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Instructor course consists of 2 Open Water training dives at the HTMS Sattakut. There is also a knowledge development section that is conducted before we do the training dives.
During the knowledge development section, you must complete the following:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the PADI Wreck diver specialty manual by prescriptively teaching a missed question from the knowledge review.
- Review & understand the purpose and goals of the PADI Wreck diver specialty course.
- Review & explain the Wreck Diver course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide and list all student and Instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet course performance requirements.
- Participate in a marketing and promotional workshop where you will learn techniques to promote the Wreck specialty diver course to your students and the general diving public.
- Participate in a pricing workshop.
Wreck Diver Instructor Open Water training dives
There are 4 Wreck training dives to complete to become a PADI Wreck Specialty Diver.
During the Wreck Instructor course, you must complete all performance requirements of those 4 dives over a minimum of 2 training dives.
Prior to the dives you must explain the wreck specialty diver course Open Water training considerations.
During the Open Water training dives, you must:
- Demonstrate mastery of all water skill performance requirements for the Wreck specialty diver course.
- Conduct an Open Water teaching presentation from the Wreck diver specialty diver course.
- Demonstrate all Wreck diver specialty diver Open Water performance requirements.
Upon completion of all the course performance requirements, you will receive the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Instructor certification.
2021 PADI Fees
PADI Wreck Specialty Instructor Application fee: A$111
Please bring your PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual.
You will also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual that is available as a free download for all renewed PADI Members from www.padi.com/mypadi