PADI Deep Instructor Specialty Course
Become a Deep Diver Specialty Instructor on Koh Tao
You probably remember the first time you felt the urge to dive a little deeper than your Open Water certification allowed you to.
Learn to Teach PADI Deep Specialty to Student Divers
PADI Instructor’s are educators who are passionate about the ocean and it is only natural that students have the opportunity to explore their potential and dive deeper within the limits of recreational diving courses.
Our PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor course gives you the necessary knowledge and skills to teach the PADI Deep Specialty to student divers, which is one of the most popular PADI Specialty courses.
During the PADI Deep Diver Instructor course you will learn how to teach divers to use the necessary equipment needed to support deep diving activities and encourage correct deep diver protocols in following time and depth limits.
Our Deep Diver Instructor Specialty course philosophy is to focus on making smart decisions for a stress free, deep diving experience with an emphasis on safety.
Included in Koh Tao Deep Diver Instructor Specialty Course
- 2 Open Water Deep training dives
- Rental of all scuba equipment
- FREE use of Dive Computer
- Black Turtle Dive Customer (and environmental) promise
To enroll on a PADI Deep diver specialty course you must:
- Be at least a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor or currently participating in or have completed an IDC/OWSI Program within the past 12 months.
- IDC/OWSI candidates may apply for Specialty Instructor certification only after successfully completing a PADI IE.
- Have recent diving experience – we recommend completing a scuba review if you have not dived for 12 months.
- Be medically fit to dive.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you must show proof of 10 logged Open Water dives below 18 metres.
1 Day PADI Deep Diver Instructor Specialty Course
The course consists of two sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Open Water training – 2 Deep diver training dives
At Black Turtle Dive we take our customer promise very seriously. All courses are conducted with a maximum of 4 students per PADI Instructor.
Our Dive Instructors are highly trained and will ensure you receive lots of attention and most importantly, progress at your own pace in a relaxed environment.
During your training we will slowly build your confidence and ability as you develop the skills necessary to become a competent PADI Deep diver Instructor.
Koh Tao PADI Deep Diver Instructor Course Schedule
The PADI Deep diver Instructor specialty course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can work around your own personal needs and timeframe.
It is often scheduled as part of a multi-instructor specialty program such as our MSDT program.
Please feel free to ask if you have any special requests either via email or on one of the messenger apps on this page.
PADI Deep Diver Instructor Specialty Course Cost: 3,000 baht
09.00 – 11.30: Orientation & Knowledge Development
12.30 – 17.00: Deep diver Instructor training dives 1 & 2
You are now a certified PADI Deep Specialty Instructor.
PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor Course Information
Deep Diver Specialty Knowledge Development
The PADI Deep diver specialty Instructor course consists of 2 training dives at deeper dive sites around Koh Tao.
There is also a knowledge development section that is conducted before we do the training dives.
During the knowledge development section, you must complete the following:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the PADI Deep diver specialty manual by prescriptively teaching a missed question from the knowledge review.
- Review & understand the purpose and goals of the PADI Deep diver specialty course.
- Review & explain the Deep Diver course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide and list all student and Instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet course performance requirements.
- Participate in a marketing and promotional workshop where you will learn techniques to promote the Deep specialty diver courses to your students and the public.
- Participate in a pricing workshop.
Deep Diver Specialty Open Water training dives
There are 4 Deep Open Water training dives to complete to become a certified PADI Deep diver.
During the Deep Specialty Instructor course, you must complete all performance requirements of those 4 dives over a minimum of 2 training dives.
Prior to the dives you must explain the specialty diver course Open Water training considerations.
During the training dives you must:
- Demonstrate mastery of all water skill performance requirements for the Deep specialty diver course.
- Conduct an Open Water teaching presentation from the Deep diver specialty diver course.
- Demonstrate all Deep diver specialty diver Open Water performance requirements.
Upon completion of all the performance requirements, you will receive a certification as a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
2021 PADI Fees
PADI Deep Specialty Instructor Application fee: A$111
Please bring your PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual.
You will also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual that is available as a free download for all renewed PADI Members from www.padi.com/mypadi