PADI Underwater Naturalist Instructor Course
Become an Underwater Naturalist Instructor Koh Tao
This amazing ecosystem boasts incredible biodiversity and it is often called the rainforest of the ocean, supporting 25% of marine life in the world, yet only covering 0.1% of the planet.
We also need to understand how different marine life interacts with Coral reefs and as a scuba diver how we should interact with this spectacular world.
Learn to Teach PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty Course
The PADI Underwater Naturalist Instructor specialty course will teach you exactly how to do this in an exciting and enlightening way.
Our Instructor Specialty course will give you the additional knowledge and skills necessary to teach your students a little bit more and encourage them to become a passionate Underwater Naturalist.
The PADI Underwater Naturalist specialty course is designed to teach student divers how to interact with marine life and the Coral reef.
You will teach your students how to view the aquatic ecosystems scientifically as they learn basic marine organisms, fish groupings and identifications.
PADI Dive Instructor Underwater Naturalist Specialty Course
They will also learn about the relationships between these organisms and the marine environment.
Additionally, students learn to apply role model conservation awareness to the planning, organization and execution of dives within the recreational limits, whilst demonstrating environmentally friendly dive techniques.
Included in Koh Tao Underwater Naturalist Instructor Course
- 1 Open Water training dive
- Rental of all scuba equipment including specialized equipment
- FREE use of Dive Computer
- Black Turtle Dive Customer (and environmental) promise
To enroll on an Underwater Naturalist Instructor Specialty course, you must:
- Be at least a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor or currently participating in or completed an IDC/OWSI Program within the past 12 months.
- IDC/OWSI candidates may apply for Specialty Instructor certification only after successfully completing an IE.
- Have recent diving experience – we recommend completing a scuba review if you have not dived for 12 months.
- Medically fit to dive.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you must show proof of 10 logged Underwater Naturalist dives.
1 Day PADI Underwater Naturalist Instructor Specialty Course
The course consists of two sections:
- Knowledge Development
- Open Water training – 1 Underwater Naturalist Open Water training dive
Our Dive Instructors are highly trained and will ensure you receive lots of attention and most importantly, progress at your own pace in a relaxed environment.
During your training we will slowly build your confidence and ability as you develop the skills necessary to become a competent Underwater Naturalist Instructor.
Koh Tao Underwater Naturalist Instructor Course Schedule
The Underwater Naturalist Instructor specialty course schedule at Black Turtle Dive is flexible and we can work around your own personal needs and timeframe.
It is often scheduled as part of our multi-instructor specialty program such as the MSDT program.
Please feel free to ask if you have any special requests either via email or on one of the messenger apps on this page.
PADI Underwater Naturalist Instructor Course Cost: 4,000 baht
09.00 – 11.30: Orientation & Knowledge Development
12.30 – 17.00: Underwater Naturalist Instructor training dive
You are now a certified an PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty Instructor.
PADI Underwater Naturalist Instructor Course Information
Underwater Naturalist Instructor Knowledge Development
The PADI Underwater Naturalist specialty Instructor course consists of 1 Open Water training dive.
There is also a knowledge development section that is conducted before we do the Open Water training dives.
During the knowledge development section, you must complete the following:
- Present a knowledge development presentation from the PADI Underwater Naturalist specialty manual by prescriptively teaching a missed question from the knowledge review.
- Review & understand the purpose and goals of the the PADI Underwater Naturalist specialty course.
- Review & explain the PADI Underwater Naturalist course standards and procedures from the PADI Specialty Course Instructor Guide and list all student and Instructor equipment requirements.
- Demonstrate mastery of all knowledge development.
- Describe how to conduct all course segments in a manner that enables divers to meet course performance requirements.
- Participate in a marketing and promotional workshop where you will learn techniques to promote the PADI Underwater Naturalist specialty diver course to your students and the general diving public.
- Participate in a pricing workshop.
Underwater Naturalist Instructor Open Water training dives
There are 2 Underwater Naturalist training dives to complete to become a student level Underwater Naturalist Specialty Diver.
During the Underwater Naturalist Instructor course, you must complete all performance requirements of those 2 dives over a minimum of 1 training dive.
Prior to the dives you must explain the Underwater Naturalist specialty diver course Open Water training considerations.
During the Open Water training dives, you must:
- Demonstrate mastery of all water skill performance requirements for the Underwater Naturalist specialty diver course.
- Conduct an Open Water teaching presentation from the Underwater Naturalist specialty diver course.
- Demonstrate all Underwater Naturalist diver specialty diver Open Water performance requirements.
Congratulations. You are now a PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty Instructor
2023 PADI Fees
PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty Instructor Application fee: A$123
Please bring your PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual.
You will also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual that is available as a free download for all renewed PADI Members from www.padi.com/mypadi